Hampshire EPC's For Residential and Commercial Properties

It is a legal requirement to produce an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the sale or letting's of all properties. I am fully qualified to produce this EPC for you and at a time convenient with your lifestyle, although day light hours are required for quality external photographs.

An Energy Performance Certificate tells you how energy efficient a home is on a scale of A—G. The most efficient homes, which should have the lowest fuel bills, are in band A. Sadly, the vast majority of our homes are around D—E. The certificate also tells you on a scale of A—G, the impact your home has on the environment. Better rated homes should have less impact through carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.

An EPC provides a grading of the energy efficiency of your home in respect of the energy used for heating, hot water and lighting. To find out the rating of a house an energy assessment is carried out which collects information on the energy generating features I.e. boiler, solar panels, immersion heaters, electric heaters, solid fuel and open fires etc., and then looks at the insulating characteristics of the property.

The house is measured to obtain the floor areas and ceiling heights to assess the heat loss walls and floor area. This information is then entered into an approved software package and logged into a national register which you can access at any time.

Once the report is compiled, you will be presented with a colour certificate detailing the current energy efficiency and the potential efficiency along with the environmental impact of your property. Recommendations will be made to assist you with making the most of your energy rating and environmental impact which will also help you save money with your energy bills.

The EPC is a result of a European Directive and is a key part of the Governments strategy to reduce the 27% of national carbon emissions that come from our houses.

As a qualified and accredited Domestic Energy Assessor in Hampshire, I am authorised to produce and lodge your EPC on the central Landmark register. All EPC’s lodged are given a 20 digit report reference number which the client can then use to retrieve the report when needed.

The EPC is available to anybody whether you market your home for sale or not. The EPC is valid for 10 years and can be retrieved at any time during that period to pass onto your selling / letting agent or solicitor. If you are not selling your house just yet, you would definitely benefit from a report offering guidance to upgrade your home to a more efficient energy rating and helping our environment in the process.

Your report will be emailed to you and your agent on the same day of your assessment being undertaken.

From October 1st 2008 all rented residential property must have a valid EPC before it is let out. The Government has initiated fines for non compliance. However, this certificate is valid for 10 years from date of issue for rental properties.

You will only need this EPC if you are signing a new lease with a new tenant. Current properties rented out will not need an EPC until new tenants are sourced. Properties of multiple occupancy, B&B or properties with lodgers will not need an EPC.

The Domestic Energy Performance Certificate is identical to that of home sellers and the prices and procedures are also identical.

For your ease, we offer you the following service at no extra charge:-

1. You can supply us the names of your tenants along with their contact details.

2. We will then telephone or email them on your behalf advising them the requirement for the assessment and that Property-Assess would like to arrange a suitable time to visit and assess the property.

3. We will then carry out the assessment and lodge it with the central Landmark register and email you a colour copy which you can show or copy to your tenants or letting agent.


Residential & Commercial EPC Hampshire Green Deal Advisor Hampshire Qualified Energy Assessor Hampshire